I love sharing my message of fitness, nutrition and health as a profoundly spiritual experience. My story is seen by hundreds of thousands every month! I’ve written for, and been interviewed by, a wide range of publications across North America. Examples include Alive magazine, Men’s Journal, Eating Well magazine, Lifehacker, CNBC, The Health Journal, SheKnows magazine, USA Today, Men’s Fitness, Teen Vogue and more. Below are just a few samples of media interviews and published features.
Josh's Positive Health+Wellness Advice in the Media
Spreading the Message of Light and Health Everywhere
“Stress and exhaustion can cause us to crave junk food,” says Duvauchelle. “But the carbohydrates and empty calories can drain our body and don’t help us rebuild energy related to adrenal fatigue and travel stress.” He suggests opting for high-protein meals and snacks. “Protein helps boost alertness,” he said. “Pair protein with a whole grain to really refuel your energy.”
Give thanks and let go of what you can't control. Multiple studies have shown that expressing gratitude increases happiness. Research shows we have a greater sense of well-being when we accept what can’t be changed.
- National Education Association: Should You Join a Gym or Buy Gym Equipment?
- Men’s Fitness: 20 Ways to Test Your Fitness
- BodyRockTV: 7 Effective Exercises You Aren’t Doing
- MSN Health: 13 Easy Ways to Beat Holiday Stress
- Men’s Journal: 6 Ways to Lose a Pound of Fat
- AskMen: Are You Tough As Tough As An Epic 19th-Century Explorer?
- Z Living: The 5 Sneakiest Tricks To Have A Thinner Thanksgiving
- Shape magazine: 6 Workouts You Can Only Do In the Winter
- Huffington Post: Sleep Apnea Symptoms And 16 Other Things To Know
- SheKnows magazine: 6 Fat-Blasting Winter Activities
- Teen Vogue: 48 Ways to Cheer Someone Up
- LifeZette: Top Fitness Trends for 2016
- Beauty High: Foods That Help Protect Your Skin From Sun Damage
- The Daily Meal: How Much Exercise Does It Take To Burn Off Your Favorite Holiday Dishes?
- Yahoo! Beauty: How to Lose a Pound of Fat
- Best Health: 5 Ways Your Office is Hurting Your Health
- Medical Daily: Can Sitting Be As Bad As Smoking?
- Eating Well: How Stretching Can Help You Stay Healthy
- Lifehacker: The No-BS Guide to Boosting Your Immunity and Avoiding the Common Cold
- Z-Living.com: Cigarette Smoking Will Be the Undoing of Your Workout
- Beauty High: 10 Reasons Spirulina is Your Body’s Awesome Secret Weapon
- The Hip Horticulturalist: 5 Ways Gardening Improves Your Mental Health
- Medical Daily: Wearable Fitness Trackers Have Made A Splash
FEATURES FOR ALIVE MAGAZINE
As a regular contributor to Canada’s largest health and wellness magazine, my latest stories have included:
- Grab Life By the Handlebars: These mountain bikers tamed gravity. Now it’s your turn.
- Growing Strong from Boyhood to Retirement
- Escape to the Wild Side: Join us on a west coast adventure to Tofino
- Fan the Flames: Natural solutions to improve your sex drive
- Freedom Awaits in Winter Sports
- The Plant-Powered Fitness Edge
- Age-Defying Athletes: Inspirational men and women aged 40 and beyond
- Fitness Tips For a Stronger New Year
- Fuel Your Workout Like the World’s Best Athletes: Nutrition tips from Olympians
- Back to Fitness School: This season’s must-try classes
- Daily Habits to Prevent Cancer
- Grow Kids’ Appreciation for Local Food
- A Life-Balancing Detox
- 25 Holiday Health Hacks
- Fall in Love with Fitness – 9 Ways to Get and Stay Motivated
- Protect Your Eyes – Find the Best Defence Against Sun Damage
- Happy Hours, Happy Days – How Our Age Affects Our Happiness
- 10 Foods for a Healthier Smile
- The Best Ingredients for Aging Skin – Nature Keeps Us Looking Good
- Family Fun Month – Explore Nature’s Playground Together
- Bare Feet and Bare Soil – Reconnecting with the Earth
- Smart Summer Skincare
- Read the Label – Make Healthy Food Choices
- Erectile Dysfunction Explored – Solutions to a Hard Problem
- ‘Til Sleep Do Us Part – How Couples Can Get a Better Night’s Sleep
As an ambassador for one of Canada’s leading fitness supplements companies, I contribute regular articles advocating for a balanced approach to health.
- How Caitlyn Beat Her Battle with Food
- Mood-Boosting Tips for Mental Health Awareness Month
- John’s Transformation: From Dad Bod to Jacked Bod
- 3 Ways to Measure Your Fitness Progress Without a Bathroom Scale
- How One Woman Finally Lost Weight After Trying Dozens of Diets
- 3 Surprising Reasons Healthy People Should Consider Supplements
- This Fit Mom Lost 30 Pounds in Eight Months
- 4 Tips for Exercising Safely in the Summer Heat
- Spring Clean Your Health – 5 Sneaky Habits and Foods to Avoid
- 7 Health Hacks for a Healthier, Happier Winter
- The Best Sources of Protein for Vegans and Vegetarians
- 5 Superfood Breakfast Smoothie Essentials
- Recover from Workouts Faster with 5 Plant-Based Nutrition Tips
ADDITIONAL FEATURES BY JOSH
- Paste magazine: Summer Colds Are Real, Here Are 7 Surprising Ways to Fight Them
- Tiny Buddha: How to Transform Your Body by Coming from Love Instead of Fear
- YogiApproved.com: Chew on This: 5 Tips for Better, Healthier Digestion
- YogiApproved.com: 7 Psychology-Based Hacks to Create the Ultimate Sacred Space
- Elephant Journal magazine: 3 Ways to Release the Fear that Drives Us to Unhealthy Diets and Ridiculous Exercise
- YogiApproved.com: These Magical Foods Work like Sunscreen from the Inside Out
- YogiApproved.com: 4 Spring Cleaning Tips to Detox Your Mind and Body
- YogiApproved.com: Want to Be Happier at Work? Do These 4 Things
- The Health Journal: Why Guys Need Friends, Why They Lose Them, and What You Can Do About It!
- MindBodyGreen: 6 Easy Ways to be Healthier at Work
- LIVE health magazine: Dieting in the New Year
- LIVE health magazine: Bikram Yoga – Fit or Fad?
- MindBodyGreen: 4 Tips for Surviving Your First Bikram Class Safely
- Jillian Michaels: Top 10 High-Fiber Foods
- USA Today: Zip Line Eco-Adventures in Kauai
- Honolulu magazine: The Dish on Neighbor Islands
- Honolulu magazine: Field Guide to Upper Kalakaua
- Livestrong: How to Find Closure in a Relationship
- Global Post: What Are Signs That a Relationship Isn’t Going Anywhere?